Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day "Lions, Tigers, no Rose" Custom sneakers




Hello world! So I am back at it again, no polemics on this one.
So this was my valentine's date lol, since I could not have my valentine I decided to sing through these custom sneakers. The song is "Lions, Tigers, and Bears" from the up coming recording artist Jazmine Sullivan. This song describes my last relationship to a T, and I have been hooked to the song from I first heard it, so I had to get it out of my chest in the best way I know to.



These custom Creative Recreations sneakers feature a lion and a tiger, duh! lol and no roses, a common present on this date, and it so happens to be part of my valentines name , well who should have been that valentine. As I did for the "love, live, life" custom Creative Recreation snekers, I used a aqua (or teal if you prefer) tone, which for those who do not know me yet, is my favorite color. I tend to use this color to express love, so that was one of the reasons, and in this case I gave it more of a pastel look which looks more like a color that would be used for a baby boy, and this was to also express how I acted in a childish manner in some occasions.



We all know that we attribute value to things that are rare, that is what makes them special, and gold being a rare metal, is one of those things that has value, that is the reason for the use of gold. On the other hand, we also know that just because it feels good, it does not mean it is right, and everything that shines is not glitter, that is the reason for the patented leather. The use of black, is because I think black is beautiful, and I love it, just like I love sisters! that is what the black represents. The inside of the sneakers features quotes from the lyrics of the song, they are very tight together, making it hard to read or understand, which is part of the message of the song, and also one of the reasons why it did not work with us, things are unclear and hard to understand at times for some reason.



As I was doing my research, I found that as oppose to popular believe, tigers and lions are nowhere close to one an other unless you see them at a zoo lol. The tigers habitat is over southern and eastern asia an spreads even out into the cold Siberian lands, while the lion is mostly found in central and southern Africa. Funny because the distance is another reason why it would not work. I was actually searching for albino lions and tigers, and doing the research for them, I found that both species have a white race, very very rare but exists, I thought this was perfect to add to the concept of rare that was used with gold, our story was rare from the way we met, to the way the relationship went, to what we ment to one another.

As I mentioned earlier, the song sings the story to a T and the shoes do the same. Here is another piece straight out of my chest. If you have something in your chest that you would like to express in a unusual fashionable way do not hesitate to send me an email so we can make something happen! This is why it is "more than just custom sneakers..."
For orders email xclsvworld@gmail.com







XCLSV X Valentines Day "Lion,Tiger, no Rose" X Custom Creative Recreation



No comments:

Post a Comment